When it comes to cosmetic procedures liposuction is one of the best to help you get in shape in a short amount of time. Not everyone can do liposuction though, you need to fulfill specific criteria like you cannot be morbidly obese and you can’t have too much-sagging skin. Another important part of liposuction is what comes after the surgery since you need some time to recover. Let’s look at some tips to guide you through recovery.
Complaints and different body types
Most people have extra body fat in some parts of your bodies like hips, abdomen areas, thighs, knees, and buttocks. Liposuction is an incredible procedure to get rid of fat in those areas.
- Waist – Also called “love handles” is something that both men and women struggle with and cannot get rid of. The fat located at the waist usually takes the longest time to get rid of even with all the exercise and diet in the world. Waist liposuction is what most people choose to go with when looking at this procedure.
- Flanks – Just like the waist this also has very elastic skin. What we mean by the flank area is the area right behind the small of the back and it usually needs proper contouring. This procedure is a great way to fix that.
- Hips – By hips, we mean the area just under the waist. A lot of women want a curvy feminine body shape and liposuction can make that a reality.
- Upper Arms – As we get older people have to deal with the skin on arms starting to sag and it’s very hard to get rid of. Liposuction can help with that!
- Lower Abdomen – No one likes seeing muffin tops on our lower abdomen, liposuction can help with getting rid of that and giving you a toned look if the skin is elastic, but if there’s a lot of fat a tummy tuck is the better choice.
- Upper Abdomen – This area is just as important as the lower abdomen, it goes from the rib cage to the belly button.
- Buttocks – The way to go is the Brazilian butt lift it gives you a tight and round look.
- Inner thighs and outer thighs – What women usually want is a thigh gap and a firm inner thigh, you can get that with liposuction. Outer thighs need contouring and liposuction.
- Anterior Thighs – When working on this you need good focus because it needs to be proportionate to the inner and outer thigh.
- Lower Legs – Contouring lower legs is very difficult since they don’t have much fat so you need liposuction to keep them firm.
- Chest – A lot of men face the problem of skin sagging as they age and liposuction can help with that. Same goes for women.
- Back – Back fat is very hard to lose and liposuction can help with that.
- Cheeks – Both genders have this problem and of course liposuction can help with that.
6 Tips For Amazing Results from Liposuction
You need to take care of your body after surgery for a quick recovery and for good results.
1. Strictly follow the post-surgery instructions
Just like other surgeries liposuction has some risks involved and possible complications. Which means it’s very important to follow all the instructions after the surgery.
2. You have to wear compression garments after liposuction
After removing fat you will get a special compression garment which you will need to wear after the surgery. This will help to give your body shape in the operated area and will help with overall recovery.
3. Always take your medication on time
Don’t skip out on taking your antibiotics.
4. Don’t just lie and sit around
Just because you had liposuction surgery does not mean you can lie and sit around all the time. Of course, it’s important to rest but you also need to stay active.
5. Take care of your incisions
Of course, you will have stitches after the surgery and you should watch over them. With the help of your doctor, you will need to change the bandages at regular intervals and also clean the incisions.
6. Keep track of the symptoms
Your surgeon will give you some symptoms that might occur after the surgery. Things like bruising, swelling and bleeding. In some cases, you can experience symptoms that may lead to an infection if so report to your surgeon right away and tell them all the details.
All in all, patience is important after your liposuction surgery. It takes time to recover after the surgery, usually around 2 to 4 weeks and that includes symptoms like bleeding and swelling. But to completely recover it usually takes around 6 to 12 months.