Managed IT services offer a way to manage all aspects of the IT infrastructure for an organization. It includes maintenance, updates, upgrades, and monitoring computers, servers, applications, and networks. The advantage is that it can be done on your schedule without interruptions or unexpected costs.
How Does Managed IT Services Work?
A managed IT service provider (MSP), like MyTek, uses its staff to handle problems and perform routine tasks such as installing software updates; adding new features; configuring hardware and software; backing up data; virus scanning and cleaning programs; setting up security configurations; monitoring systems for errors and other potential issues; and troubleshooting any problems that arise.
Depending upon the level of service needed, MSPs may offer additional services like patch management, application management, desktop support, and remote working capabilities.
You should engage managed IT services when:
- You are looking for security and control over your computer systems: MSPs provide expert monitoring of the system’s performance throughout the day. They also provide regular, automatic backup of your data and network configuration files. This protects you against system failure due to viruses, hard drive problems, power surges, or physical damage.
- You want your IT team to work only on a scheduled basis: Managed IT services providers perform routine tasks in between their client projects so they can focus exclusively on solving critical technology issues. These include performing long-term server and network maintenance while ensuring that your business runs smoothly. Most vendors implement a “zero downtime” policy where there will be no downtime during normal operations or maintenance.
- You don’t have time to configure, test, and maintain technologies manually: With managed IT services, your IT professionals handle the IT headaches by providing ongoing support and maintenance of your information technology equipment. If you’re dealing with complex operating systems or multiple applications, they can take care of these tasks on your behalf – so you can concentrate on running your business.
- Your current IT vendor doesn’t fully satisfy your needs: For example, if your company has more than one office location, MSPs can help you set up VPN connections between offices using different routers and firewalls. And if your laptop suddenly gets infected by a virus, your local IT professional might not have access to the right tools to resolve the problem in time. Having a single point of contact and communication helps reduce risks and increase productivity. Your MSP provides 24/7 technical support even during holidays and weekends.
- You need more flexibility: Companies hire managed IT services in many instances because they do not want to spend money on unnecessary personnel. But this does mean that your IT department isn’t free to make changes as you need them. For instance, an organization that wants to start selling products online would prefer that the dedicated web host manages the site. However, most organizations cannot afford to shut down their websites for longer periods. Having an MSP that handles all aspects of the website hosting process prevents downtime but still allows them to adjust their offerings on-demand.
- Your current IT provider is slow to respond: There are numerous times when an end-user has reached out to their IT support group about a particular issue. The issue usually involves some error or malfunction with a part of a PC that keeps recurring. Some people assume that it must be something simple like a component has failed, but they find themselves frustrated at the lack of any response from the other members of the IT staff. A successful managed IT services provider will always offer a fast turnaround to ensure that customers get the best possible service within their budget.
- The cost-effective solution to keeping up with technology: Technology constantly advances, making emerging security threats. While your personal computer may be perfectly safe now, what happens when new viruses start targeting home computers? How would an enterprise’s IT infrastructure fare under such circumstances? A well-established fact is that a small business without a proper internal management system can never keep pace with changing technological developments. Managed services providers provide the necessary support that allows businesses to stay ahead of the competition.
- Security breaches leave you vulnerable: New software and hardware release constantly make old devices obsolete. When this occurs, there is no way around it. At least with a managed services solution, you know that someone knowledgeable is monitoring the situation and taking action immediately. This proactive approach to security means that you don’t have to worry about a breach in your network because your managed IT services team had already addressed it long before it became a concern for you.
Benefits of using managed IT services.
- Control Costs – Using managed IT services, you have full control over spending money. You can easily negotiate with providers with out-of-the-box solutions and predefined service packages. Most times, the monthly rate will include everything except labor cost. No need to spend time researching prices from multiple vendors. Also, there is no need to waste money buying equipment which could be rented as long as you want.
- Lower Risk – You are not dealing with direct sales using managed IT services. You are not exposed directly to price increases since the provider regulates them. In addition, there are fewer chances of being ripped off when hiring external support.
- Flexibility – Managed IT services allow you to scale up or down depending on the current situation quickly. For example, if some machines go down during peak hours, it’s just a matter of adding more resources. You don’t need to wait until next month to increase capacity. You also do not need to worry about budget overruns because they have already been included in the contract.
Managed IT Services companies are the best choice for ensuring that your business stays secure, responsive, and gets the most value out of your investment. They take care of all the needs regarding security both inside and outside, which makes them indispensable for organizations of all sizes.