The internet has become a necessity for most people, especially those who work in the IT industry. But with the growing popularity of the web, there is also an increasing number of cyberattacks on websites. A DDoS attack is one such type of cyberattack that can bring down your website completely.
DDoS Attack: What Is It?
DDoS stands for Distributed Denial of Service Attack. This attack is completed through multiple systems or computers attacking a single system or server at once.
This kind of attack uses botnets, which are groups of compromised computer systems. These botnets are controlled remotely without the owner’s knowledge and used to execute DDoS attacks against specific targets such as websites, servers, etc.
Why do you need DDoS protection?
DDoS attacks have been around for decades now, but they have only recently become more prevalent due to advancements in technology. As a result, it makes it easier for hackers to launch these types of attacks from anywhere in the world at any time without being detected by authorities.
Some experts believe that there has been a recent increase in DDoS attacks because cybercriminals find ways around traditional defenses like firewalls and IPS/IDS systems through new methods like botnets and malware infections on endpoints (PCs).
DDoS attacks are often used as smokescreens for other types of cybercrime, such as identity theft and fraud – making them even more dangerous as they often go undetected until the damage has already been done.
DDoS attacks can be carried out by anyone with an internet connection – even your own employees! This makes it crucial for businesses to have a comprehensive security solution in place that includes DDoS protection.
How to prevent DDoS attacks?
DDoS attacks are also becoming more sophisticated, which makes them harder to detect and defend against. The best way to defend against DDoS attacks is through a combination of prevention techniques such as firewalls and IPS/IDS systems, along with detection tools.
There are several other methods you can use to protect yourself against DDoS attacks:
- Keep your software up to date: It is essential to keep all the software on your network up to date, including operating systems, applications, and security patches. This will help you avoid vulnerabilities that attackers can exploit.
- Use a firewall: A firewall helps protect your business from external threats such as DDoS attacks by controlling traffic coming in and out of your network. It works by filtering incoming requests based on their source IP address or port number, allowing only legitimate requests while blocking malicious traffic.
- Use a dedicated server for website hosting: Hosting websites on a dedicated server rather than shared hosting means fewer sites share the same resources. This makes it difficult for attackers to target you precisely as they have less bandwidth available to them at any one time compared with shared hosting providers.
- Use a CDN: A Content Delivery Network (CDN) is a network of servers located worldwide that store copies of your website’s content and serve it to users from the nearest location possible. This helps reduce the load on your own servers, reduces the time users take to reach your site, and decreases the chances of DDoS attacks.
- Use a DDoS protection service: The best way to protect yourself against DDoS attacks is to devise a comprehensive security solution, including a reliable DDoS protection service provider. These providers will help you prevent attacks from taking place in the first place and deal with them quickly and effectively if they occur.
How to choose a DDoS protection service?
DDoS attacks are a severe problem for online businesses and can cause significant financial losses. However, there are many ways you can protect yourself from these cyber threats. Here we talk about the most effective solution: Use a DDoS protection service.
DDoS protection service is a cloud-based security solution that protects your website from DDoS attacks. It works by using a network of servers located around the world, which act as a shield for your web server and absorb all malicious traffic. The service also includes an optional firewall to block unwanted visitors and protect you from other cyber threats.
When choosing a DDoS protection service, the most important thing is to make sure it has enough capacity to handle any potential attack on your site. You should also check if the provider offers 24/7 support if you need help with anything related to the service or have questions about its features and pricing plans.
A few things you should consider while choosing your DDoS protection service provider are-
- Should have a robust DDoS mitigation network to protect your website from DDoS attacks.
- Able to provide you with real-time traffic reports and statistics so that you can know the status of your site at any time.
- Filter out bad traffic from legitimate visitors and only allow good traffic in order to protect your website from getting attacked by hackers again and again.
- Provide you with a secure network so that hackers and spammers do not attack your website.
- Must have a good customer support team who can help you in case of any technical problems or issues related to your website.
We recommend you Appy Pie’s Website Builder to get DDoS protection right from you create your business dedicated website. It offers you a no-code platform to create a safe and secure website and mitigation measures to save a website from crashing.
Appy Pie’s website builder protects your website from DDoS attacks as it offers an in-built web application firewall so that your website can differentiate between normal and abnormal traffic. In addition, it provides you with solutions to protect your customer experience, brand reputation, saves on repair costs, and offers you financial safety. As a result, you can easily take advantage of digital media without worrying about DDoS attacks with the help of different website builders.
Irrespective of your coding knowledge, you can build your website with DDoS protection and take your business to the next level.