An essay in philosophy can confuse even those students who successfully cope with similar assignments in other disciplines. Here, it is necessary to show the skills of critical thinking and analysis: to take a position on a controversial issue and provide arguments in its favor. Philosophy essays, as a rule, should be not only capacious but also quite lengthy. That is why many consider working with a philosophy essay writing service the best option.
Three mandatory criteria will be used when evaluating your work:
- Does the content of the work correspond to the topic raised, and how well do you know the question posed?
- How clearly and concisely can you express your idea?
- Are the arguments you have given in support of your conclusions convincing?
Therefore, if it is difficult for you to demonstrate a good understanding of the relevant issues, applying for a philosophy essay help will be quite appropriate.
How to Choose a Decent Academic Writing Service?
If you search for a Philosophy Essay Writing Service, Google will return many online essay writing sites. Please consider the following criteria before placing an order:
- Fast shipping. All of us were once students, and we understand that it is a common thing to make it to the deadline with the preparation of the study. Therefore, it is important that the service can provide you with an essay as soon as possible.
- The most reasonable prices. The cost of the service should be affordable, but you should understand that the cheapest offer may be fake. Services such as NinjaEssays employ academic writers who are carefully screened, and each essay is editorially reviewed before reaching the client. Nevertheless, NinjaEssays tries to meet the needs of students and not overcharge.
- Money-back guarantee. A company that is confident in the quality of its work will definitely offer you free revisions of your papers and refunds if you are not satisfied with the final product.
Despite the complexity, the task of writing a thesis on philosophy is not overwhelming. With the right approach, you can write a philosophical essay on your own, using our tips.
Dos and Don’ts of Philosophy Essay Writing
To write a successful paper:
- Determine the philosophical question that you will reveal in your essay and answer it.
- Make sure your answer is complete. If the question has multiple parts, make sure you answer each part.
- Stick to a clear structure: exposition, explanatory part, evaluation part. Try to show your own philosophical reasoning and not just indicate whether you agree or disagree with the philosopher’s conclusion.
- Keep your target audience in mind. Your essay should be understandable to people who have not studied the subject in depth, so when you use an unfamiliar term, be sure to define it.
- Whenever you claim what the text says, it is appropriate to provide a specific link to back up your claim.
There are also things to avoid when writing a philosophical essay:
- Make sure that you don’t go off-topic in your discussion and move on to revealing secondary issues. You should cover a given topic and not indulge in lengthy reasoning.
- Do not include important and/or interesting-sounding material without indicating how it supports your thesis.
- Do not make sweeping statements unless you can back them up with evidence and arguments.
- Do not use complicated or cryptic language when you can think of easy ways to say the same thing.
- Do not worry about making a mistake. It is important to show that you are good at reasoning and can make persuasive arguments to support your point of view.
- Avoid plagiarism: never pass off other people’s thoughts as your own and be sure to cite sources when quoting.
- Do not wait until the last minute to start writing.
Feel free to ask for help if you get stuck on any of the points above. Getting help is the mark of a good student.
What Makes a Philosophy Essay Great?
We do not doubt that you want to get high grades for your work, so remember: what the best philosophy essays will do is not just process information from your textbook or lecture. They should show that you have studied the material, thought it over critically, and formed your own opinion.
Let’s look at what a quality philosophical essay should contain in more detail:
- A specific reasoned thesis that you will back up with facts and defend in your work.
- Your opinion on the main issue, based on an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of various arguments, shows that you can interact with the material.
- A logical sequence of ideas that the reader will naturally follow. Do not jump from one idea to another so that the reader does not lose the thread of the story and interest in your essay.
- Dealing with possible objections to demonstrate the strength of your position. Consider what criticisms your opponents might make and disarm them by showing how they can be overcome.
Do not panic if the analysis of the raised problem shows that you can’t find a direct answer “yes” or “no.” A distinctive feature of philosophy is that many questions need clarification or that they need to be challenged. If you come to this conclusion in your essay, this can also be a philosophically valuable result.
And finally, we want to emphasize the importance of editing. Read your essay carefully and rewrite it again and again, cutting out unnecessary phrases to clarify ideas. Strive for clear language. After that, ask relatives or friends to read your work to make sure it is fully understood and the reader is not stuck on a single sentence.
As you can see, a philosophical essay requires a lot of versatile work and can take a lot of time. If you doubt you are capable enough to write a decent paper that meets all the requirements, order an essay online and get a sample of academic writing that you can look up to in the future.