A global phenomenon, operated on household electric supply, tankless water heaters are setting the new trend in the market. Water is heated directly without the involvement of any storage tanks, and a constant supply is maintained with no wait time. An electric component plays the role of boiling the cold water that enters the unit.
Per-minute serving capacity of 7-15.5 gallons of water is what they are built like, and the flow is at a higher rate in case of gas-fired model in comparison to electric ones. Widely energy efficient, the efficiency rates vary from 8% – 34% depending on the consumption volume. Standby heat loss is a more significant quotient in case of water heaters with storage tanks which can be almost minimized by the usage of tankless water heaters.
Investment for such kind of heaters is more than that of the conventional type. But the benefits it provides, which include energy conservation, longer service time, and low operating cost makes it cost-justified. With a life expectancy of more than 20 years, they are very demanding in the market. Also, maximum parts are replaceable, which increases its life period by nearly 15 years more.
What are the factors that you should keep in mind before investing?
Before you opt for an electric tankless water heater, you must go to this website and be aware and familiarized with your requirements, which include the following stated below.
- Cost: Although, we have discussed how this heater is cost-efficient in comparison to conventional ones, yet cost factor is something that depends upon your flexibility to afford.
- Fuel type: In this case, the driving fuel is the household electricity that powers your house. So, you must be aware of the cost behind electric power consumption.
- Energy efficiency: You must decide beforehand on this part, how much energy savings do you want your heater to be. Then you will be able to choose the right one and also the correct number of them.
- Consumption size: the most significant factor of all is the amount of water that you require on a daily basis for house household purposes. It is a prominent factor to determine the type of heater.
- Location: The location of your house also matters for installing electric tankless water heaters, as they would require a suitable electrical supply and also must be within 50 feet from a power source.
Installation processes are a bit complicated and time-consuming and may require hiring experts for the cause.
What are the added advantages of such heaters?
This kind comes with some extra advantage, which adds to the reason of your owning them. They are designed in a compact way, and being tankless will consume very less space. Also, there are no breakdowns with the floor drowned with water as tankless means no rust issues. They also come with a more extended warranty period. Low maintenance cost adds to its advantage, and in consideration for a longer run, they are always worth the investment. If you would like to learn more on how to choose between a tankless and traditional heater, check out Peel Heating for more in-depth info.