Tuesday, April 18th
First off, if you did not get your wristbands mailed to you, be sure to register and pick up your tickets/wristbands at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel (CMW Box Office). Festival-goers have from noon to 8 p.m. to get registered. The Sheraton Centre is also the home of this week’s conference events where you can check out some panels on social media marketing and how to get booked by music festivals. The conference officially kicks off tomorrow (Wednesday April 19th)
Once the paperwork is taken care of, it’s time for all the live music you can handle! Most of today’s shows are part of the club series as opposed to the concert series. The concert series will require an Explorer+ Pass or you will have to register for a ticket at the CMW Box Office. For a list of club series venues versus concert series venues click here.
- Bleeker will be performing along with Modern Space, The Kents, and The Dead Projectionists at Mod Club, doors are at 6:30 p.m. It will be exciting to see the new-look lineup of Bleeker perform after the Steinke brothers left the group last year.
- There will be a trio of CMW showcases at Nightowl, the Paddock, and Monarch Tavern. All three start at 8:00 p.m. CMW showcases are a great opportunity to check out up-and-coming Canadian bands.
- Leela James’ The Undeniable Tour will go on under the CMW banner at the Great Hall at 8:00, with Montreal singer Voyce opening for her. If you're looking for something a bit more low-key, this show is for you.
- Papa Roach will take the stage at Danforth Music Hall at 7:00. Be sure to check them out if you want to relive the year 2000!
- Check out the rest of the schedule here!
Be sure to come back tomorrow for our guide to the CMW schedule for Wednesday, April 19th
Post by Dan Goldsmith